Welcome to Miracles Grow



This blog offers refreshment and hope to the weary. It doesn’t begin to have all the answers, but God does. Whenever he brings relief in the midst of a crushing day, a small miracle happens. Share yours with us!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

He knows the plans he has for us

      Last July, when I visited my parents in Los Angeles, we all felt God's presence blessing that trip in countless ways from beginning to end. I had just finished the educational and clinical portion of my training, and was about to take my licensing exam when I returned. My dear husband knew that once I passed the exam (faith!) I would be busy with job interviews, and it would be hard to get in a trip to the West Coast. 
     You can read about some of the blessings in past blog postings from last summer. They were cool!
     I had flown into Los Angeles tired and discouraged.  God used my parents, his healing Spirit, and the time away to give a makeover to my dragging perspective. He even used the words in the worship music in the Sunday service that week.  If you'd like to hear it, the song is "I Will Not Be Shaken," by Tommy Walker, and the link to his YouTube performance of it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6egSTFQLWc
    Returning from the trip, I was re-filled with a peace and sense that God truly was going ahead of me, and would get me to the right job at the right time.  I write this as I anticipate beginning my new full-time job with benefits tomorrow. Praise God! Many thanks to all who have been praying with me during the months of my job search.
     You can look back at the previous post for the three verses I shared that have given me hope throughout this time, but the one that kept going through my mind and heart was:
  See, I am sending my angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. Exodus  23:20
     The reason I share all of this is to encourage you, my friends, in the midst of your own journeys. You are on your own personal battlefields right now, feeling weary and alone, disheartened.  
     The Almighty God sees exactly what is happening in your life at this moment, and he himself is guiding you with his infinite care, no matter what the surroundings say, despite the darkness of today's skies, or the chaos of the battle. May his breath be warm on your cheek as he holds you close today, this very hour, and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain