Welcome to Miracles Grow



This blog offers refreshment and hope to the weary. It doesn’t begin to have all the answers, but God does. Whenever he brings relief in the midst of a crushing day, a small miracle happens. Share yours with us!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Looking ahead, again

     Dear friends, this is the second New Year's Day we are facing together. For most of us, it can be a time of anticipation or reflection on what may be ahead in the coming months. Those of you who know me know that I look for every chance to celebrate a fresh start: a new day, a new month, and now a New Year.
     This year, God has brought many changes to my life, as he probably has to yours.  This past year has brought a change of direction for me, which almost always means some amount of suffering, doesn't it? You may be going through that yourself. All I can say is that it looks like I'm coming out on the other side, and our God has been faithfully standing with me throughout this long year.
     The verses that have given me the most hope this year have been those given to Israel as they were in their desert, wandering and wondering if they ever would find a place of rest.
  • See, I am sending my angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. Exodus 23:20
  • The Lord is the one who goes ahead of you; he will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.Deuteronomy 31:8
  • For the Lord your God is the one who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you. Deuteronomy 20:4
     These verses truly gave me a lifeline during some very long months, but again and again I can now look back and see that the Lord was indeed going ahead of me to bring me to the right and best place that he had prepared for me.
     For whatever is ahead in your lives, my friends, rest in the knowledge that our mighty and loving God is going ahead of you, preparing your best. He will not fail or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed, no matter what comes your way. Who could ask for more in the new year--or ever? 
     Praise God from whom all blessings flow! And Happy New Year to all!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE fresh starts and new begginings too! Thank the Lord that He provides them every 24 hours! :)

    I'm so sorry that you've had a difficult year. May the Lord continue to encourage you and lift you up in this new year.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain