Welcome to Miracles Grow



This blog offers refreshment and hope to the weary. It doesn’t begin to have all the answers, but God does. Whenever he brings relief in the midst of a crushing day, a small miracle happens. Share yours with us!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Making a visit

      I'm in Seattle for almost two weeks, with my daughter who lives here with her husband and three young sons. The youngest is very, very young: just three weeks, which is why I'm here. Originally, it had been planned for months that her husband was to be gone this week, so I was to swoop in like the Mounties or the cavalry and come to Rescue the Perishing.
      As it frequently turns out when you plan details out so well, plans get changed out from under you.  Her husband ended up needing to travel last week; his darling mother, Kathy, was obliged to be the Mounties for them instead, bless her heart.  She often does this, since she lives nearby--another reason I was coming in--to save Kathy's energy for future unforeseen interventions. But, it is what it is. Is it not?
      SO, I am having a relatively easier visit, since Dad is here in the evenings to help. I feel a bit guilty, not being the Mounties.
     Yet, God has a reason for the timing of me being here this particular set of days. There were several events that had to come together for me to be here during this time, and of course they did--some day I may tell you about them, but that's for another posting. I have a real sense of anticipation, as I fight the cold that's trying to pull on my immune system, to see if our Lord will reveal what the reason is.
      Stay tuned, and if I find out, I'll share....
It reminds me of the prophets of old, and their anticipation of the coming Messiah. Or Anna and Simeon at the time of Jesus' birth, waiting to see him before they died.
     Remember, what you hope for is what you live for, so fix your eyes on him, and hope for big things, dear ones!
For I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I've committed to him against that day. 2 Timothy, Chapter 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain