Welcome to Miracles Grow



This blog offers refreshment and hope to the weary. It doesn’t begin to have all the answers, but God does. Whenever he brings relief in the midst of a crushing day, a small miracle happens. Share yours with us!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

When you stay with I AM

     In the last blog posting, I mentioned a wonderful reminder God had given me about the importance of staying present with him.  Of course, he holds eternity past, present, and future. He transcends them all, knows them, and is in no way limited to a linear view of them the way we are; thus, he can constantly be I AM, eternally now and current.  Well, I'm not trying to get too serious--God had too many treats to ahead to shower on my surprised head throughout the trip to and from my parents' house...
     When last I wrote, I was about to head to the airport.  Once at the airport terminal, waiting at the gate, Something prompted me to get into a short line to check into a question I had about boarding and my layover in Salt Lake City. There was a much longer line, but I stepped into the line with only one other lady.  I heard her talking to the desk agent about volunteering to get off the plane, which was overbooked.  She'd have to catch a flight at 9 that night, but she was willing to give up her seat to get a direct flight to her final destination.
     Now, let me back up a moment.  When my husband had booked my flight for me, we had to take what we could for a last moment fare using frequent-flyer miles.  It was to an airport in Long Beach at traffic time in L.A. (ugh! for my parents), with a layover in Salt Lake City.  But, it gave me a chance to visit them before I took my certification exam tomorrow.  Therefore, we all accepted it.
      So, when I stepped up for my turn with this agent, I said, "Are you looking for volunteers?"  
      "Yes."
      "If you can get me on an earlier direct flight into L.A., preferably into LAX or even Burbank, I'd be glad to do it."
     "Let me see what I can do,"  she said.  She did her thing with her computer.   "Yes, I can get you on a flight into LAX, arriving at 3:20."
      I called my parents' number.  My mother, startled, answered.  She thought for a moment.  "Yes, we can do that." Great!  I relayed the info to the gate agent, who printed up a voucher to take to the other airline.
       Then, she printed up an air travel voucher for $400, for being a volunteer!  Does God have a sense of humor, or what?  Not only did it relieve my parents of the traffic and longer drive, it relieved me of the layover and trip through the unfamiliar airport.  Now, our gracious God provided a bonus to cover the airfare the trip in October to spend time with my daughter when she has her 3rd baby.  
      And, of course, as I settled into my seat, I thought, what a lot of legroom.  Economy Plus, too!  OK, Lord, Now you're just showing off.  How kind you are!  To take me, battered and beaten up, and shower me with your extravagant love.
   And, my dear friends, he's doing just the same for you as you stay in his dear presence.  May his Name be praised!
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Ephesians 3:20,21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain