Welcome to Miracles Grow



This blog offers refreshment and hope to the weary. It doesn’t begin to have all the answers, but God does. Whenever he brings relief in the midst of a crushing day, a small miracle happens. Share yours with us!

Friday, July 23, 2010

To God be the glory great things HE has done

     For all of you who are sick of hearing me blather on about my life, here's your break.  You longtime readers know the focus of this blog is to encourage those in distress. My heartfelt goal when I share is to show what God has done, for others and for myself. When he has done something powerful or surprising--or fun--in my life, I share it to remind you that he can and will do it in your life as well.
     Those who know me, know I'm coming out of a long, rough spell.  God is, perhaps, bringing many threads together that have been a lifetime in the weaving. If so, praise his Name!  If not, he has better things in mind, and he will faithfully, lovingly lead me to whatever he has in a different direction.  As he will do for you, dear friend. I am not saying this lightly.  Read those words again. Slowly.  I am deeply, intently serious.
     He will lead you to the best for you, in his time and in his way. That way may be perilous or filled with sadness, but he, our loving, mighty Lord God, will be there, with you every step you take.
      I say this because I know loss and peril.  I know what it is to feel a knife at my throat at midnight, and to wake up re-living it afterwards. I know what it is to have loved ones murdered, and to have to go into the crime scene to retrieve their important papers days afterwards before the killer's relatives go in to claim his belongings.
     I've learned that what makes recovery--and life-- possible: God's presence.  One step at a time may be all you can do, some days.  That's ok. Some days, standing still may be an effort.  God, the great I AM, only wants you to be present with him.
     Keep remembering:  I AM, not I WAS, nor I WILL BE.  (Look at that past blog if you like.) Let go of the past and stop fretting about the future. Stay present with I AM, and he will take care of the rest.  Then you can rest in him.
     For the glory and reputation of your Name, Lord, do what you will with my flimsy self. It's yours, anyway.
You know I'd rather be rejoicing in heaven with you, but as long as you want me here, use me to your matchless glory in the lives of others. Amen.
Moses said to God, "Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is his name?'  Then what shall I tell them?"
God said to Moses, "I AM who I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' " God also said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites, 'The Lord, the God of your fathers--the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob--has sent me to you.' This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation."
Exodus 3:13-15

1 comment:

  1. Please, my dear friend, if you're going to comment on my blog that is in English, give me a translation, so I can know what you are saying. It feels unkind to have you write something that those of us who don't speak your language can't understand. Please translate your comments for the rest of us. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain