Welcome to Miracles Grow



This blog offers refreshment and hope to the weary. It doesn’t begin to have all the answers, but God does. Whenever he brings relief in the midst of a crushing day, a small miracle happens. Share yours with us!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Count it all joy

      Longtime readers have heard me report on the promise God gave to his people in the wilderness:
See, I am sending my angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. Exodus 23:20
      Again and again, I have seen how God's hand is at work in my life, going ahead of me, protecting me from perils I could not have imagined before they revealed themselves, and providing extravagant deliverance.
      Here is an example.  About a month ago, an idea came to me to create another blog, called Grannie Libbett's Stories, at grannielibbettsstories.blogspot.com That one would be a place to put the stories I've written for my grandchildren, but available for other children (and adults) to read. My greater plan is to make videos of myself reading the stories and put them on YouTube, so the children can see them in their scattered locations around the country.  Since I don't see them more than once or twice a year, it would be a fun way to "read" to them their stories more often--and let other kids enjoy it as well.
     What God knew is that in the meantime, my brain tumor has been changing. In fact, I'm now slated to have a biopsy within the next few weeks, and then to begin up to a year of chemo.  Our God alone knows what real changes lie ahead, so getting these stories recorded for the grands, and available for them seems like a wonderful idea for now, while I am in good strength, and look like myself.
      Whatever our Lord has in my future, I hold fast to his promise. He is sending his angel ahead, to guard me along the way, and he is bringing me to the place he has prepared for me. His peace floods my soul and spirit. How could it not, with a promise such as that from the God who holds the universe in place?
     How about you and the problems facing you?  The same God is holding you, with the same care and attention to detail.   He is going ahead of you to bring you to the place he has prepared for you, if you allow him to. Don't miss the opportunity before you. You always have the power to choose. Choose well.

3 comments:

  1. This is my Good luck that I found your post which is according to my search and topic, I think you are a great blogger, thanks for helping me outta my problem..
    Free Dissertation Topics List

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you with your fight. I lost my wife to cancer, she was 35 and left 4 beautiful sons. All things are by God good or evil as foretold in the Bible. So we must get up every day and do the best we can to represent Him! I will hope and pray for your fight. Be strong and God will reply likewise.acceptjesustodaycom.ipage.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you, my friend! I am so very sorry to learn of your dear wife. You and your children are in my prayers for God's comfort and strength. May our Lord fill you with his peace and hope this time of year, as your heart must be especially full. May you feel his presence as you never have before, and may he give you his wisdom and direction with your children.

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain