Welcome to Miracles Grow



This blog offers refreshment and hope to the weary. It doesn’t begin to have all the answers, but God does. Whenever he brings relief in the midst of a crushing day, a small miracle happens. Share yours with us!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Take your pick

I've been praying about what to share with you, my blog readers. Too many ideas were hitting at one time, so suddenly an idea came to me--perhaps from the Lord?  Why not share what I call my Twitter Quotes?  People seem to love them, and find comfort or a smile when they read them.  I hope you will, too.
  • God's own strength shines best through broken vessels, so here's a humble hurray from a cracked pot.
  • Never doubt in the dark what God has shown you in the light.Bring his light into your darkness & get forgiveness & hope.
  • When you see God as HE really is and yourself as YOU really are, any doubt in him or pride in yourself vanish instantly.
  • May the God of the universe reign on your parade all day!
  • Never forget that your life is a battleground for your spirit and your ability to bring glory to the name of the Lord.
  • You can look at your past as baggage to drag you down, or as supplies for your daily battle. You choose. They weigh the same.
  • When you're up to your neck in alligators, it's time to drain the swamp, don't you think?
  • No matter where you go, your God is always there, ahead of you, preparing a place for you, sustaining you.  Take a few moments and fly away. Know that he is with you.
  • What do I know for sure?  The God who spoke the universe into being is directing my life. I can trust him to manage the details. You can, too.
  • Focusing on what you've lost keeps you miserable.Give God what's still left in your inventory.He can multiply loaves & fishes & you!
  • The God who spoke the universe into being is holding my day. That is more than good enough for me.
  • God is as near you today as he was yesterday. Nothing you do can change his faithfulness to you. Your fears don't scare him.
  • God uses the moments of pain in my life to carve a cup to hold the eternity of rejoicing with him.
  • God is never in a rush, but he has never been late, either. There's a truth to keep you warm on a cold afternoon.
  • Every single day is an extravagant gift of God for us to unwrap. What will you do with yours?
  • Lord, help these nearsighted eyes see beyond myself to your big picture!
  • God makes our most broken parts shine the brightest if we let him polish them.
  • When you speak the truth God has taught you through your pain to someone else who needs to hear it, God uses it to heal you both.
  • When God's plan is lived out, the world sees it, and it wants what he offers.
  • God is I AM, not I WAS or I WILL BE. Don't live in the past or fret about the future. Stay present with eternal I AM.
  • Stay present with I AM, and he will take care of the rest.  Then you can rest in him.
  • For the glory and reputation of your Name, Lord, do what you will with my meager self. It's yours, anyway.
  • Earth to you: the battle is the Lord's. The God who spoke the universe into being is in charge of this fight, not you.  That should take some of the pressure off.  He only is the One responsible for getting you--and everyone depending on you--through this firestorm.
  • He has never let me down. He is the joy-bringer to my soul in the parched and weary land. He is I AM with me now, in my pain, bringing me through every part of it.



  • Dear friends, let us not forget that in our lives, THIS is Plan A. There is no Plan B in God's schedule. He IS in control. 



  • We can look at our past as baggage to hold us back, or as resources given by God to draw from for our current battles.



  • My God reigns! When the seas around me are turbulent and the storms are fierce, my God is greater than all my storms.


  • Do not insult the Almighty God by trusting him with too little.


  • There is no shame in failing at a noble endeavor. The shame would be in never trying.


  • Thank you, Lord, for protecting me when I need it--and especially when I don't know I do.


  • In the heat of a summer's day, let the reign of God refresh your spirit.I AM God: I hold you in my hand. Do not fear. I AM with you.(from Isaiah) 


  • Let the reign of God wash over your weary heart and bring healing to your life.


  • If God can use pressure + time to turn a lump of coal into a diamond, think what he can do with pressure + time + you.


  • Now, dear friends, good night. God keep you well until morning.And for you in different time zones: God doesn't slumber or sleep!


  • This, too, will pass away. Or you will. Either way, things will ease up!


  • Never underestimate the power of God to use your flimsy self to his glory.


  • God gave you a life with enough pain to help someone else. Share stories and find out. It may help you both.

I hope these brought you a smile or a bit of encouragement through our Lord. I'll simply add:

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. Psalm 68:19



1 comment:

  1. These are Hallmark worthy!!! I LOVE them!! Can you e-mail me a copy? One of my favs was draining the pond when the alligators are up to my neck!! :) But finding the plug would be my problem!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain