Welcome to Miracles Grow



This blog offers refreshment and hope to the weary. It doesn’t begin to have all the answers, but God does. Whenever he brings relief in the midst of a crushing day, a small miracle happens. Share yours with us!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

God is going on ahead

See, I am sending my angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared. Exodus 23:20
     For the last month, I have seen God's hand at work, smoothing a path for me out of the wilderness. The wilderness has been pretty grim, as yours may be. That goes with the territory. But there is hope. HE is here, and we're facing in his direction. Hallelujah! To you be the glory, Lord. 
     A month ago, I'd just completed the intensive Certified Nursing Assistant course. Now, sensing his presence all the way, I've passed the exam.  Of course, even though I've taken care of plenty of people in their homes and in retirement facilities when I worked for an agency, I'm considered a "new grad," so jobs are hard to get. Oh, well.  My God is still sending an angel ahead of me. Through HIM, I have prospects, despite the job market.
     The Lord directed me to a wonderful website called Care.com.  It has listings for families and care providers to put what they need, and what they offer, of all varieties: everything from pet sitting to tutoring, to infant care, senior care, special needs, babysitting, etc.  I uploaded my picture, resume, skills, including how many languages I can speak, amount of pay I'd like. Then I started offering myself as a baby nanny (experienced with multiples--my daughter's twins), senior care, tutor, special needs care.  
     Yesterday, I was contacted as a newborn twin baby nurse.  Today as a senior CNA.  Both possibilities are for different times and days, so I could potentially do both, and we'd all benefit. Praise God!  And if these don't work out, there are plenty of others.
     So, my friends, as Churchill said, never give up. Never, never, never give up. 
      Now, have you ever tried saying a verse word-by-word, placing emphasis on each word, to get full meaning? Let's try it with this verse: SEE, I am sending my angel ahead of you...
See, I AM sending my angel ahead of you...
See, I am SENDING my angel ahead of you...
See, I am sending MY angel ahead of you, to guard you along the way...
      You get the idea.  Keep at it, and let the full power of God's going ahead of you flow over you, carrying you through your hard times--as well as the easier ones. It has transformed this month for me.  Realizing that he is going ahead allows me rest in him, to let me get out of his way so he can do his will on my behalf, to the glory of his Name. May HE be praised!
The Lord is the one who goes ahead of you; he will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.


Deuteronomy 31:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain